Jaxel is seeking experienced Sr. Software Engineer (Backend) to join our growing command.
If you are excited about all aspects of modern engineering, from writing great code, to creating architectures, designing components, interacting with clients and delivering a working system to production, then you are the kind of person we are looking for.
• Contribute code to the team’s business deliverables
• Participate in design sessions and implementation plans.
• Resolve technical issues and remove blockers for your team
• Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
• Peer review teammate’s code
• Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and release software continuously using automation and monitoring
• Evaluate technical decisions and their impact on the architecture
• Help onboard new team members
• Ensure successful quality software with emphasis on Security, Privacy, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Performance
• Work through dependencies and integration with other engineering teams
• Partner with the Product Owner to drive clarity on requirements. Define technical options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 5+ years’ experience in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
• Experience with working on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
• Solid knowledge of web technologies and application stacks built on Java, Node.js using microservices on cloud native architecture
• Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated unit/integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
• Cloud development experience (AWS preferred)
• Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
• e-Commerce experience is a plus
What we offer: